The Dane G. Hansen Foundation of Logan has established a partnership with the Greater Salina Community Foundation (GSCF) and the Greater Northwest Kansas Community Foundation to help improve the quality of life for communities in north-central and northwest Kansas. Each one of GSCF’s affiliate foundations, including the Smoky Hills Charitable Foundation, is allocated funding for grants to distribute to charitable projects in its service area through a competitive application process. For more information about the partnership and commonly asked questions, click here.
The Community Foundation is pleased to partner with the Dane G. Hansen Foundation to invest grant dollars in the community for innovative ideas.
Grants will be awarded to projects or programs that address:
- Education: Enhances the learning environment and expands opportunities for students. Provides increased self-reliance on personal life skills and workforce capability.
- Health Care: Ensures access to quality health services and promotes healthy life practices.
- Community Social Services & Security: Enhance access to social services needed for individuals of special needs and supports systems to provide community disaster relief and general community emergencies.
- Conservation & Environment: Support efforts to improve and maintain high air and water quality, appreciation for our natural environment and enhances economic and social benefits of outdoor resources.
- Arts & Culture: Provide cultural and artistic opportunities to enhance the quality of life for local residents and to encourage tourism and the exchange of ideas.
- Community Beautification: Support efforts to improve and maintain public spaces to enhance community pride and encourage socialization among residents.
Preference will be given to applications that include community involvement and volunteerism.
Grants shall not be used to reduce or replace regular budgetary needs for programs or projects that are tax-supported.
Grants are not awarded for endowment or operational expenses.